How do you hide from the undead during a zombie apocalypse?
The answer is simple, learn how to blend in, with zombie make up.
You will need the following:
- Knox Gelatin, Unflavored, 8-Ounce
- Vegetable Glycerine, 16-Fluid Ounces
- Sorbitol Syrup 16oz
- Microwave Safe Dish with Lid
- Long Handled Stirring Spoon
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Silicone Ice Cube Trays
- Liquid Latex, Flesh, 16 oz.
- Corn Syrup – 1 gallon
- Food Coloring
- Chocolate Syrup
- Pale Colored Make up Foundation
- Eyeshadow Palette
- Cosmetic Brush Set
- Make up Setting Spray
- Wood Craft Sticks
- Cotton Balls
- Super Wet Hair Gel or Moisture Rich Conditioner
- Old Clothes
- To Make:
- Mix 1 part Gelatin Mix, 2 parts Sorbitol, 2 parts Glycerine in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave 2 – 2.5mins. Stir well and microwave again for 2mins.
- Continue to heat and stir until all granules are dissolved. Aprox 10 – 12 mins total.
- CAUTION: be very careful not to overheat mixture! DO NOT microwave more than 2.5 mins at a time!
- Once dissolved, carefully pour mixture into ice cube trays and allow it to cool and harden.
- To Use:
- Place a few cubes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 10 seconds at a time to soften gelatin.
- CAUTION: be very careful not to overheat mixture! DO NOT microwave more than 10 seconds at a time!
- Mix using a Wood Craft Stick and add food coloring as needed.
- Check temperature prior to application to ensure you will not burn your zombie.
- Use the Wood Craft Stick and apply gelatin to your zombie’s skin. You can create scars, gashes, torn skin, or bone effects. Tear apart a Cotton Ball to add depth and a torn flesh effect. You can use Liquid Latex to help hold everything in place.
Blend it all together:
- Use Pale Colored Make up Foundation, Cosmetic Brush Set and Eyeshadow Palette along with Liquid Latex to blend your scars and rotting flesh. Adding some green coloring will help sell the zombie effect as well as pink/red for the exposed flesh.
- Once you have your scars, gashes, and rotting flesh blended with your zombie face, then it’s time use your Makeup Setting Spray prior to adding fake blood.
- Use the Super Wet Hair Gel or Moisture Rich Conditioner to give your zombie hair a wet, greasy, and dirty look.
Make Fake Blood:
- To Make:
- Add red food Coloring to corn syrup to get desired color.
- Add chocolate syrup to the mixture to darken things up a bit.
(you may also add a drop of blue and green food coloring)
- Chocolate syrup will also give the illusion of dark dried blood.
- To Use:
- Brush blood on desired areas to create a gruesome effect.
- You can use a toothbrush to create a splatter effect.
- A spoon can also be used to splatter or drizzle fake blood on desired areas.